Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Honor


I'm a bit concerned about my Bullmastiff, Honor. Lately, she seems to have random periods of time throughout random days ... very sporadic ... that she doesn't act like herself. She lacks energy and enthusiasm ~ a baby carrot is usually enough to get her hopping ~ but sometimes, no matter what I do or say, she just seems 'not like herself'. She's an old girl and I do realize that she will probably not be around for a whole lot longer, but no matter how much I try to reason with myself about it, I know that when the time comes, I'm gonna be a basket-case extraordinaire. I love my dogs like they're my kids. Some people don't understand that. For those who don't, I'm so sad for you. To never have a bond with a fabulous animal like a dog, is a real shame. She survived serious trauma last summer. And she'll be 9 this summer. We are her 3rd (and final) family she's graced with her presence in her lifetime. I feel so lucky to have her in our lives. Hopefully her days of 'not being herself' are merely that of contemplation ... or just rest ... Yes, I think I like that much better. Anyways, sorry for the random babblings about my dog and her old age. Next blog'll be much more chipper. It's just what's on my mind right now. For anyone who's ever lived with an old dog, you know what I mean.

2 Comments:

Blogger dilling said...

The biggest blessing in my life was Maggie...and the times I treasure the absolute most were her "golden years." I was a complete basket case when we had to put her down six months ago, still cry at the drop of hat, and hold my breath when I mention her name out loud. I still want to open the front door wide and call her until she comes home... so I hear you. I hear you. Treasure each moment. Honor surely must be doing the same with you around!!!

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger emily said...

i think she's just wise and likes to spend her golden years thinking about things. be a good girl honor......

5:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home