Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Dump



I have this huge old furnace sitting in my back yard right now. For the past 3 months, it's been slowly making its mark on my little concrete slab. That of rust. I don't think it helps that my dog has taken to peeing on the corner of it lately. It's been there so long that he probably thinks it's the latest yard ornament. Well, not anymore. It's making its way to the dump today. As messed up as this may sound, I actually like going to the dump. The folks that work there will grab certain items they think are very re-usable and put them aside for others to take. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess. Somehow, I don't think my furnace will be in that pile.

3 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

if boris went to the dumb he might grab that to take home to pee on. welcome to blog world michelle!

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger dilling said...

Our neighbour, Yanish, would keep that and treasure it always, just the way it is. Of course, he can't fit one more damn thing in his yard. Too bad there's a fence around our neighbourhood dump site now, isn't it? We have a dump run, too, if you want to go in on a truck together! I'm gonna link up now, Jeep Grrrl. Thanks for checking out my blog!

2:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for "one man's trash is another man's treasure," that is very true. I have found some amazing things at dumps.

3:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home